At Amber, we believe that all children are unique individuals with the right to belong and develop their own sense of identity - both personal and cultural. A quality early childhood learning environment should foster practices which value and develop children’s home languages and cultural values. We believe that this is best achieved through respectful engagements with parents/families in sharing cultural knowledge to nurture the child’s whole being - body, mind & spirit. High quality education and care is paramount to us so that we can ensure a holistic way of learning and development.
- We believe that all children have right to learn and practice their home languages and cultural values. Therefore, we promote collaborative relationships with parents, where contribution and participation is encouraged to support continuity in values, beliefs, customs and traditions.
- We believe that all children have unique individual personalities. We respect their individuality by providing opportunities for their own ideas to flourish in order to enhance their self-esteem and self-confidence.
- We believe children are holistic beings therefore our practice has a strong focus in nurturing and empowering children’s physical, cognitive, social and emotional well-being. We acknowledge learning as a holistic process, in which we aim to build skills, knowledge, and understandings through a play-based programme, interwoven within the wider context of family, home and community.
- We believe in the power of natural environment to teach and inspire. We work to weave nature into the lives of children to foster imagination, curiosity and inquiry. We aim to create a natural learning environment both indoors & outdoors that is stimulating, educational and safe, which invokes sense of wonder, curiosity, connection and discovery, through exploration.
- We believe in promoting a peaceful and secure environment for children. We strive to create an environment where children can learn and enjoy, as often as possible, authentic, real life and meaningful experiences.